Work Injury Lawyers in Weslaco & Houston, Texas
Throughout Texas, workers suffer on-the-job injuries every single day. Regardless of industry, workers are often at risk of an accident, which can result in devastating injuries or fatalities. A workplace incident is any injury or death that occurs while an employee is in the course of their employment. From car and truck accidents to slips and falls to construction site accidents, an injury while working can change an employee’s life forever.
Following an on-the-job injury, workers and their families struggle with lost wages and an array of expenses associated with medical care, funeral costs, and pain and suffering.
What to Know About Work Injury Cases
Workplace injuries encompass a wide range of physical injuries that can have a considerable impact on a victim’s life. They may temporarily prevent victims from working or may leave victims with a permanent disability, unable to work in the same field or at all. This can negatively affect the victim’s quality of life and their ability to support their family.
Work injury attorneys often take on a wide range of lawsuits in this area, including but not limited to:
- Construction site injuries. As a construction worker injured on the job, you may face a lifetime of medical bills. Work injury lawyers can help you recover benefits to rebuild financially, physically, and emotionally.
- Industrial vehicle accidents. Injured while operating an industrial rig? A legal team can help prove the full extent of your injuries to fight for fair benefits.
- Maritime injuries. The BP Deepwater Horizon oil rig explosion is one example of how devastating maritime injuries can be. If you’ve been injured as a maritime worker, work accident lawyers can help.
- Oil and gas refinery explosions. Working at a refinery can be dangerous, and an explosion or fire is the most dangerous situation of all. Work injury lawyers can help injured workers and the families of workers who have lost their lives in these accidents.
Why Hire a Work Injury Lawyer to Help with Your Case?
After a workplace injury, victims are often left with large expenses related to their injury and recovery. Most companies will claim that workers’ compensation insurance is sufficient to cover expenses related to an employee’s workplace accident. However, that is not always the case. Many injured employees find themselves facing mounds of expenses that workers’ compensation does not cover.
It can be very difficult to seek reimbursement for these damages when you are injured or ill and do not have assistance from an experienced attorney. It can also be difficult to obtain the compensation you deserve if you do not have all the necessary information regarding your case, such as what counts as an on-the-job injury. A work injury lawyer can help you navigate the complexities of your case.
In some cases, workplace injuries are the result of negligence from a third party. A work accident lawyer can help you determine liability and take legal action against the proper at-fault party.
How the Lopez Law Group Can Help
At the Lopez Law Group, we are committed to helping Texas workers who have been injured in workplace accidents or who have sustained injuries in the course of performing their job duties. Texas workplace injury attorney Fernando J. Lopez fights for injured workers’ rights and pursues compensation to help them begin rebuilding and moving on with their lives.
Our workplace injury lawyers proudly serve Houston, Weslaco, Tyler, Spring, Mission, McAllen, Laredo, Edinburg, Corpus Christi, Brownsville, Harlingen, and other locations throughout Texas. We help families to recover money for:
- Funeral expenses
- Medical expenses (emergency and ongoing)
- Lost wages and loss of future earnings
- Pain and suffering
The Lopez Law Group can handle workplace injury cases of all kinds, so please do not hesitate to call to discuss your specific situation. As experienced work injury lawyers, our legal team can offer insight regarding the type of benefits (workers’ compensation or otherwise) that may apply in your case and how to best pursue these.