Choosing an Experienced Roundup Lawsuit Attorney in McAllen & Weslaco, TXRoundup is one of the most common weedkillers. It’s used by farmers, landscapers, nursery workers, and even home gardeners, and it is known for being extremely effective without causing damage to surrounding plants and the environment. Unfortunately, the World Health Organization has declared Roundup a probable carcinogen. In fact, thousands of cases have linked Monsanto’s Roundup to people who were diagnosed with non-Hodgkin lymphoma and other types of cancer. Life changes drastically when you or a loved one has developed cancer. If you suspect that Roundup could be to blame for the diagnosis, you’ll need to begin the legal process to seek compensation — but you’ve already got enough to worry about. At the Lopez Law Group, we’re here to help ease your burden. Our Texas personal injury attorneys will champion your legal rights and build the strongest case possible to hold Monsanto and its parent company, Bayer, accountable, delivering the justice and compensation you and your family deserve.
What to Know About Roundup LawsuitsAlthough Monsanto claims its product is one of the safest herbicides on the market, plaintiff attorneys for the Monsanto lawsuits allege that the corporation knew about the link between Roundup usage and cancer for more than 30 years. In fact, litigation documents reveal that Monsanto intentionally hid this information from the public, while marketing the product to be as safe as table salt and virtually non-toxic. The World Health Organization determined that glyphosate — the main ingredient in Roundup, which is also sprayed on nearly every acre of corn, soybeans, and cotton grown in the US — is most likely carcinogenic to humans. This conclusion found that glyphosate causes DNA and chromosomal damage in human cells, which can lead to various types of cancer, including:
- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma
- Follicular lymphoma
- Lymphocytic leukemia
- Mantle cell lymphoma
- B-cell lymphoma
- Hairy cell leukemia
Roundup Lawsuit FAQs
Does my case qualify for a roundup lawsuit attorney in Weslaco?It depends on the specific circumstances of your case. Potential claimants must have used Roundup products prior to developing a cancer-related illness like non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma or leukemia. Additionally, they must have been exposed to glyphosate for an extended period of time and in large quantities. Our attorneys can review your individual case to determine if you qualify for roundup lawsuit attorney in Weslaco.
What kinds of damages might I be entitled to?Depending on the situation, potential claimants may be eligible for a range of damages including medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. Our roundup lawsuit attorneys in Weslaco can provide further explanation regarding these damages and how much compensation you could receive.
How long will it take to resolve my claim?This varies from case to case as each situation is unique. However, our roundup lawsuit attorneys in Weslaco will work hard to ensure your claim is handled efficiently and that you receive the fair compensation you deserve.
Why Hire a Roundup Case Lawyer to Help with Your Case?If you’re considering an injury claim for health problems you believe to be linked to Roundup exposure, you’re probably wondering how much your case might be worth. The important thing to remember is that no two claims are the same. The first step is understanding what’s typically covered in a Roundup lawsuit settlement, and that begins with the nature and extent of the losses you’ve suffered, or “damages” in legalese. Here are common categories of damages and how each might affect the value of your Roundup lawsuit:
- Cost of past and future medical care. This includes all medical treatments — past, present, and future — that you have or will receive for your health problems that are considered to be linked to Roundup exposure.
- Lost income and diminished earning capacity. If you’ve had to miss work because of your illness, or if it has affected your ability to earn a living, you could be entitled to compensation for the income you’ve lost or income you would have earned in the future.
- Pain and suffering. Economic losses such as lost income and medical expenses are relatively easy to calculate. But you’ve undoubtedly experienced varying degrees of pain and suffering, especially with the psychological impact of your illness, which isn’t exactly quantifiable.
- Duty to mitigate. This refers to the legal obligation of seeking compensation within reasonable limits. Otherwise, the defendant can argue that you didn’t seek medical attention early enough for your health problems related to Roundup usage, which could weaken your case for fair compensation.
How the Lopez Law Group Can HelpIf you’ve developed non-Hodgkin lymphoma or another illness that you believe to be linked to Roundup exposure, your first priority should be focusing on your health and healing — not trying to negotiate with insurance companies. At the Lopez Law Group, we’re Texas mass tort lawyers who have dedicated our careers to representing the people and businesses that entrust their lives to us. Our experienced attorneys will go toe-to-toe with insurance companies and large corporations to recover the fair compensation individuals as you deserve. When you partner with our skilled agricultural mass torts lawyer, you can expect:
- Detailed, one-on-one communication. We know the legal process can be complex and confusing. We aim to provide reliable communication and counsel you can count on, answering all of your questions and helping you decide on your next steps.
- A free initial case evaluation. Roundup cases can vary greatly. That’s why we offer a no-obligation case review to help you determine if filing a claim and working with a lawyer is the best choice for you.
- In-depth updates on the status of your case. When you’re dealing with long-term health issues, it’s important to focus on the important things. Let us take care of the legal steps, keeping you updated throughout the entirety of your case.
- Aggressive legal representation, including going to trial if needed. Although every Roundup case is different and not all will require going to trial, our lawyers are prepared to take cases to court if a fair settlement cannot be reached.
- Assistance in English or Spanish. We aim to serve our clients in the best way possible, and that includes communicating with you in the way you prefer.
The Legal Arguments In Roundup Lawsuits
There have been a number of lawsuits filed against Monsanto, the manufacturer of Roundup, in Texas and across the country, alleging that the company knew
The Impact Of Roundup On Texas Agriculture
Roundup, a brand of herbicide containing the active ingredient glyphosate, has been widely used in Texas and across the country for weed control on crops.
The Health Risks Of Roundup In Texas
Roundup is a brand of herbicide that contains the active ingredient glyphosate, which has been linked to cancer in humans. The chemical is one of
History Of Roundup Lawsuits In Texas
Roundup, a popular herbicide produced by Monsanto (now owned by Bayer), has been the subject of numerous lawsuits in the state of Texas. These lawsuits