Causes of Bicycle Accidents
After a bicycle accident, it is important to seek medical attention immediately, even if you do not think you are seriously injured. Many injuries, such as concussions and internal bleeding, may not be immediately apparent. Once you have been seen by a doctor, your next step should be to contact an experienced bicycle accident attorney.
The lawyer will review the details of your case and help you determine what your next steps should be. If you were not at fault for the accident, the lawyer will work to get you compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and other damages. Contact our office today to schedule a free consultation with one of our bicycle accident attorneys.
The Top 5 Causes of Bicycle Accidents & How to Prevent Them
Bicycle accidents can be caused by a variety of factors, including distracted driving, dangerous road conditions, and faulty bicycle equipment. To help you avoid an accident, our bicycle accident attorneys have compiled a list of the top five causes of bicycle accidents and how to prevent them.
- Distracted driving is one of the leading causes of bicycle accidents. If you are cycling, always be aware of your surroundings and make sure that drivers are paying attention to the road.
- Dangerous road conditions, such as potholes or debris in the roadway, can also cause bicycle accidents. Be sure to ride in areas that are well-maintained and free of hazards.
- Faulty bicycle equipment can also lead to accidents. Be sure to regularly inspect your bike and make sure that all parts are in good working order.
- Riding at night can be dangerous, as it is more difficult for drivers to see you. If you must ride at night, be sure to wear reflective clothing and use lights on your bicycle.
- Alcohol use is a major contributing factor in bicycle accidents. Never ride your bicycle after drinking alcohol or taking drugs.
Looking for a bicycle accident attorney in Weslaco, TX? call The Lopez Law Group at 956- 420-0781 . We have experience handling these types of cases and will fight to get you the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation.`