Roundup Case Lawyers in Weslaco & McAllen, Texas
Roundup is one of the most common weed killers. It’s used by farmers, landscapers, nursery workers, and even home gardeners, and it is known for being extremely effective without causing damage to surrounding plants and the environment. Unfortunately, the World Health Organization has declared Roundup a probable carcinogen. In fact, thousands of cases have linked Monsanto’s Roundup to people who were diagnosed with non-Hodgkin lymphoma and other types of cancer.
Life changes drastically when you or a loved one has developed cancer. If you suspect that Roundup could be to blame for the diagnosis, you’ll need to begin the legal process to seek compensation — but you’ve already got enough to worry about. At the Lopez Law Group, we’re here to help ease your burden. Our Texas personal injury attorneys will champion for your legal rights and build the strongest case possible to hold Monsanto accountable, delivering the justice and compensation you and your family deserve.
What to Know About Roundup Lawsuits
Although Monsanto claims its product is one of the safest herbicides on the market, plaintiff attorneys for the Monsanto lawsuits allege that the corporation knew about the link between Roundup usage and cancer for more than 30 years. In fact, litigation documents reveal that Monsanto intentionally hid this information from the public, while marketing the product to be as safe as table salt and virtually non-toxic.
The World Health Organization determined that glyphosate — the main ingredient in Roundup, which is also sprayed on nearly every acre of corn, soybeans, and cotton grown in the US — is most likely carcinogenic to humans. This conclusion found that glyphosate causes DNA and chromosomal damage in human cells, which can lead to various types of cancer, including:
- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma
- Follicular lymphoma
- Lymphocytic leukemia
- Mantle cell lymphoma
- B-cell lymphoma
- Hairy cell leukemia
Why Hire a Roundup Case Lawyer to Help with Your Case?
If you’re considering an injury claim for health problems you believe to be linked to Roundup exposure, you’re probably wondering how much your case might be worth. The important thing to remember is that no two claims are the same. The first step is understanding what’s typically covered in a Roundup lawsuit settlement, and that begins with the nature and extent of the losses you’ve suffered, or “damages” in legalese. Here are common categories of damages and how each might affect the value of your Roundup lawsuit:
- Cost of past and future medical care. This includes all medical treatments — past, present, and future — that you have or will receive for your health problems that are considered to be linked to Roundup exposure.
- Lost income and diminished earning capacity. If you’ve had to miss work because of your illness, or if it has affected your ability to earn a living, you could be entitled to compensation for income you’ve lost or income you would have earned in the future.
- Pain and suffering. Economic losses such as lost income and medical expenses are relatively easy to calculate. But you’ve undoubtedly experienced varying degrees of pain and suffering, especially with the psychological impact of your illness, which isn’t exactly quantifiable.
- Duty to mitigate. This refers to the legal obligation of seeking compensation within reasonable limits. Otherwise, the defendant can argue that you didn’t seek medical attention early enough for your health problems related to Roundup usage, which could weaken your case for fair compensation.
How the Lopez Law Group Can Help
If you’ve developed non-Hodgkin lymphoma, or another illness that you believe to be linked to Roundup exposure, your first priority should be focusing on your health and healing — not trying to negotiate with insurance companies.
At the Lopez Law Group, we’re Texas mass tort lawyers who have dedicated our careers to representing the people who entrust their lives to us. Our experienced attorneys will go toe-to-toe with insurance companies and large corporations to recover the fair compensation individuals like you deserve. When you partner with our skilled agricultural mass torts lawyer, you can expect:
- Detailed, one-on-one communication
- A free initial case evaluation
- In-depth updates on the status of your case
- Aggressive legal representation
- Assistance in English or Spanish
At the Lopez Law Group, we are personal injury lawyers who serve the Weslaco, Tyler, Spring, Mission, McAllen, Laredo, Houston, Edinburg, Corpus Christi, Brownsville, and Harlingen areas. If you’re in need of a mass tort litigation lawyer to represent you in a Roundup case, we can help. We invite you to meet with us for a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your case. Get in touch with us today, and we’ll help you decide the next best steps to take.