Bicycling is a fun, active, and environmentally friendly way to get around. But because bicyclists have little to no protection, the injuries they sustain from an accident with other road vehicles can be serious and long-lasting. If you or a loved one has been injured in a bicycle accident in San Juan, you need to fully understand your rights and options in order to make informed decisions that will ensure the best outcome for your case.
Here at the Lopez Law Group, our bicycle accident lawyers have years of experience helping individuals and their families in Texas recover compensation after an accident. From making smart decisions about medical care to filing a claim and negotiating with relevant parties, we’ll help build a strong case to help get your life back on track after your accident.
What to Know About Bicycle Accident Cases
If you’ve been injured in a bicycling accident and the driver of the automobile is found to be 50% or more at fault, you will likely be able to seek compensation for your injuries and damages. The most common ways cyclists are injured are from drivers opening doors, making a right turn in a bicycle lane, backing out of a driveway or parking lot, and colliding at intersections. Because bicyclists have no barrier separating them from other road vehicles, the injuries they sustain can often be severe, including:
- Broken bones, fractures, bruises, and sprains
- Joint injuries
- Neck or spinal injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Nerve damage
- Internal bleeding
Why Hire a Texas Bicycle Accident Lawyer in San Juan to Help with Your Case?
If you’ve been injured in a bicycle accident, you’ve most likely suffered a significant injury — which requires significant time and energy for recovery. You shouldn’t have to worry about managing a claim and navigating a complex legal process on your own. Partnering with a bicycle accident lawyer in San Juan gives you more time to focus on healing, and it also increases your chances of winning your case. That’s because insurance companies are more likely to give your injury claim the attention it deserves when you’re represented by a legal expert.
An attorney will be able to hold the at-fault party responsible for your medical bills, property damage, and other financial losses. They’ll also be able to negotiate compensation for the unexpected expenses associated with your recovery that cannot easily be calculated, such as:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Rehabilitation costs
- Lost wages
- Impairment of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of quality of life
- Emotional distress
- Property damage to your vehicle
How the Lopez Law Group Can Help
There are plenty of Texas bicycle accident lawyers to choose from, but very few areas are dedicated to the emotional, physical, and financial recovery of their clients as we are here at the Lopez Law Group. Our Texas accident lawyers proudly serve the Houston, Weslaco, Tyler, Spring, Mission, McAllen, Laredo, Edinburg, Corpus Christi, Brownsville, and Harlingen areas.
If you’ve been in a bicycle accident, we serve as your trusted counsel, helping you to understand your rights, options, and the best course of action. Here’s how we’ll guide you throughout the entire claim and legal process of your bike accident case:
- Investigate your case. Even if it seems obvious who the at-fault party in your accident was, a bicycle accident case is often not as clear as it seems. We’ll delve into the details of your case, reaching out to experts and examining eyewitness statements and police reports to determine how the accident occurred and who should be held liable.
- Develop a strategic plan to win your case. Managing a bicycle accident case can be very difficult, especially when you’re trying to negotiate a claim while recovering from an injury. We’ll educate you on your rights and options, and create an action plan tailored to the specifics of your case, putting you in the best position to recover the settlement you deserve.
- Prepare for trial if necessary. If legal liability is clear, a bicycle accident claim will often be resolved with a settlement to avoid an unnecessary trial. However, we’re dedicated to ensuring that you receive the compensation you are fairly entitled to under the law. If fair negotiation cannot be reached, we’ll take the case to court.
- Maximize your recovery. Insurance companies are known for trying to settle claims for less than victims deserve. At the Lopez Law Group, we care about your case — and your recovery. We’ll go toe-to-toe with insurance companies to secure the financial compensation you deserve.
If you have been involved in an accident and need to hire a bicycle accident attorney in San Juan, Texas, we can help. We invite you to meet with us for a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your case. Get in touch with us today, and we’ll help you decide the next best steps to take.
Contact us online or call to schedule your free case consultation.