Choosing an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer in Spring, Texas
We know that choosing a law firm to handle your case is a deeply personal process. Here at The Lopez Law Group, we fully dedicate ourselves to your car accident case so that together we can develop a strategy to maximize your recovery. Our southtxcities} car accident lawyers understand that you’re facing one of the toughest challenges of your life. That’s why we work tirelessly on your behalf to seek the monetary damages that you require so that you can focus on your healing. We have a proven track record of success in helping people with serious injuries from auto accidents, and we will fight for maximum compensation for you.
The Lopez Law Group is a team of tenacious Texas car accident attorneys who serve the Spring, McAllen & Weslaco, Houston, and Rio Grande Valley areas. If you or a member of your family has been injured in a car accident, our talented and experienced auto accident lawyers can help.
We have earned a reputation with our colleagues — and, more importantly, with insurance defense lawyers — for being peerless investigators as we pursue our client’s cases. We make sure that everyone involved knows that we have a very personal stake in your case and that we plan to fight each and every case to the very end. Finding the truth at the heart of the matter can be a complex and difficult process involving a great deal of legwork, interviews, and questions, but we put in the work to ensure that we build you an ironclad legal strategy.
With our Texas car accident attorneys by your side, you can feel confident that your interests will be aggressively asserted and your rights protected in the pursuit of maximum compensation for your injuries.
Texas Car Accident FAQS
According to data provided by the Texas Department of Transportation, in 2019 alone there were 15,305 crashes on Hidalgo County roads. As a result of these accidents, 8,483 possible injuries and 332 serious injuries occurred. That means, on average, every week of 2019 brought six serious, potentially life-altering injuries per week to local residents.
Even seemingly minor car accidents often have major repercussions on car accident victims and their families. In addition to emotional stress and trauma, the toll a car accident can take on one’s health can be severe. Often car accidents result in devastating injuries that cause extensive medical expenses, physical therapy, lost wages, permanent disability, or even death. On top of the pain and suffering resulting from the accident itself, pursuing car accident claims can be a lengthy and complicated process, causing more stress for victims and their families.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Spring, TX?
The first thing you should do is call 911 and file a police report. Most importantly seek medical attention if you have been injured. Do not speak to any Insurance Company until you speak with an attorney. Contact The Lopez Law Firm for a free consultation and we will you know what we can do to help.
What are the Common Causes of Car Accidents in Texas?
When a driver is involved in a car accident, there are many factors to consider when pursuing litigation for damages resulting from the crash. Primary among those factors is determining the cause of the crash. There are many potential causes of vehicle accidents, including:
- Improper maintenance of the vehicle
- Improper maintenance of the road
- Distracted drivers
- Fatigued drivers
- Drinking and driving
- Drug use
Other factors to consider after suffering a car accident injury are specific to Texas, which has complicated laws that affect litigation for car crashes. For example, Texas has specific damage payout structures for car accident claims. Because we are an “at fault” state, the driver responsible for an accident in Texas is liable for paying claims associated with the accident. The amount the at-fault party pays is based on the percentage for which they are at fault. For example, if one driver is only determined to be 50% at fault for the accident, they are responsible for paying only 50% of the claim’s costs. This makes it crucial that victims prove the other driver was fully at fault for the crash. In addition, Texas also has specific laws regarding required minimum levels of liability coverage and statutes of limitations deadlines. For victims of car accidents and their families, dealing with the details of proving cause, fault, and insurance coverage of the at-fault party can be much too stressful during an already difficult time.
What Are the Types of Serious Injuries That Occur From Car Accidents?
Every automobile accident case is different, but most cases involve injuries of varying degrees — and sometimes those injuries are permanent. Victims suffering from these conditions often face lengthy recovery times, mounting medical costs, emotional trauma, and loss of motor function or ability to work. Severe injuries that can increase recovery time, medical costs, and emotional distress include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Burn injuries
- Neck or spinal cord injuries
- Nerve damage
- Broken bones, fractures, or dislocations
- Facial injuries
- Crush injuries
- Traumatic amputations
What Damages Can I Seek in a Spring Car Accident Case?
The aftermath of a serious car accident can result in overwhelming financial stress, especially if you are left unable to work. If you’ve been the victim of an accident caused by a negligent driver in Texas, covering the costs of your medical treatment and other damages should never fall on your shoulders. A Spring car accident attorney will fight to ensure that your rights are protected, helping you recover the damages you need to care for yourself and your loved ones.
There are several types of compensation you may be entitled to recover in your car accident claim, and calculating the total of your incurred damages is the best way to understand what your case may be worth. The types of damage you may be able to recover include:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Vehicle damage
- Rehabilitation costs
- Lost income and earning capacity from the inability to work
- Physical pain
- Mental and emotional pain
- Physical impairment or permanent disability
- Diminished quality of life
The amount of a car accident settlement depends primarily upon the severity of the collision. Some victims may walk away from a crash relatively uninjured and make the mistake of assuming they’re okay, due to a lack of visible injuries.
Some injuries — especially those related to head trauma — may take time to appear, and some seemingly minor injuries may worsen over time. Both of these situations could significantly affect the course of your case, and therefore your settlement. That’s why it’s crucial to refrain from discussing your injuries with the at-fault party or any insurance companies until after you’ve seen a doctor.
What Happens in a Texas Car Accident Lawsuit?
When you’ve been a victim of a car accident, you’re entitled to seek compensation through a personal injury claim in order to reimburse you for your medical expense, damages, and lost wages. Because each car accident is different, every victim who files a lawsuit experiences a different legal process. Some cases may be easily and quickly resolved, while others necessitate going to court in order to reach a fair settlement.
The steps involved in a car accident lawsuit include:
- Sending a demand letter. In an effort to avoid an unnecessary trial, your attorney may attempt to reach out to the defendant’s insurance company for compensation before formally filing a lawsuit. A demand letter will demonstrate the facts and circumstances of the accident, as well as your resulting medical bills, to seek the compensation necessary on your behalf.
- Building your case. If the insurance company refuses to pay compensation after receiving the demand letter, you’ll need to file an official lawsuit. This will involve gathering medical records, bills, and correspondence between you and your doctors to establish the foundation of your case.
- Filing an official lawsuit. This step occurs when your car accident lawyer formally files your case in court. It will then be sent to the defendant, who will have a specific number of days to respond.
- Moving into the discovery phase. The “discovery phase” of litigation occurs when both parties exchange information in order to build the case on both sides. This will include medical records, hospital bills, and depositions in order to prove the defendant’s responsibility in your accident.
- Negotiating a settlement. Here, your Spring car accident lawyer will request that the defendant pay the amount of compensation you are entitled to. If the case does not reach a settlement, the lawsuit will then move on to a trial, where the outcome of the case will be decided in court.
How Long Do I Have to File a Texas Car Accident Claim?
Taking care of your physical and mental health is always the first priority after an accident. However, it’s also important to be aware of the statute of limitations for filing a lawsuit against the responsible party or parties. In Texas, you have up to two years after the date of your accident to file a car accident lawsuit, so it’s advisable to begin the process as soon as you’re physically and mentally able.
What Can You Get Compensation For in Your Car Accident Case?
No matter how complex your case, an experienced personal injury lawyer will defend your case entirely. This includes helping recover losses that are difficult to calculate, such as decreased quality of life or emotional trauma. An experienced lawyer will protect your rights by seeking Texas auto accident settlement amounts for the following damages:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Rehabilitation costs
- Lost wages
- Impairment of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of quality of life
- Emotional distress
- Property damage to your vehicle
How Much is My Car Accident Injury Worth in Texas?
How much a car accident injury claim is worth in Texas varies depending on the severity of the injuries, the number of medical bills, and other damages. The Lopez Law Group will work to get you the maximum compensation possible for your claim. We are experienced in negotiating with insurance companies to get you the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation. We’ll evaluate your case and let you know what we can do to help.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire a Texas Car Accident Lawyer?
The cost of hiring a Texas car accident lawyer varies depending on the law firm. The Lopez Law Group charge on a contingency basis. This means we only charge you if they settle or win your case. We also offer free consultations, so you have nothing to lose. We’ll evaluate your case and let you know what we can do to help.
Why Hire a Spring Car Accident Lawyer?
The first step of a car accident claim is dealing with the defendant’s insurance company. Unfortunately, insurance companies go to great lengths to settle claims for less than victims deserve — especially when it comes to pain and suffering. But when you’ve been through such a traumatic experience as a serious car crash, you don’t need the added stress of trying to negotiate with misleading insurance companies. Instead, the most important thing for you to do is focus on your recovery.
When you partner with a trusted local car accident attorney, you’ve got an expert in your corner who knows how to deal with the insurance company and challenge their unfair practices. An experienced legal advisor will work tirelessly to ensure that all current and future medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages are considered in order to secure the financial compensation you deserve.
For many victims, the stress associated with litigation can be eased tremendously by working with an experienced motor vehicle accident attorney who can do all of the intensive investigations on your behalf. They know that victims have questions. From “How will I pay for hospital bills?” to “How much does physical therapy cost?” to “Where do I even begin with my insurance company?” dedicated car accident attorneys will ensure that each question is addressed thoroughly. They will also streamline the complicated process of navigating car accident laws in Texas and fight the tricks that powerful auto insurance companies often use to try to deny claims.
The most important thing for victims to focus on during such a difficult time is recovering from their injuries. They don’t need the added burden of trying to negotiate their settlement with the insurance company or struggling to answer difficult questions.
With a team of experienced lawyers handling your case, you can focus your energies on healing and getting back to your normal life.
How can the Experienced Car Accident Attorney at The Lopez Law Group Help?
At the Lopez Law Group, we care about your case — and your recovery and we know that motor vehicle accident victims are entrusting their lives to us, and we take that very seriously. For years, our dedicated car accident lawyers have handled complex auto accident cases and received successful settlements and jury verdicts for the clients we serve. Here’s how we’ll counsel you throughout the entire claim and legal process:
- We investigate your case. A claim is rarely as clear-cut as it may seem, which is why you’ll need an expert by your side to prove liability. We’ll uncover every relevant detail of your case in order to negotiate the settlement you deserve.
- We develop a strategic plan. Our priority is to secure the fair trial or settlement you deserve. We’ll educate you on your rights and options, communicate with the insurance companies and other parties, and decide on the next best steps to take.
- We prepare for trial. The majority of motor vehicle accident cases are resolved with a settlement, which helps avoid the risks and uncertainty that a trial can bring. However, we’re committed to fighting for your justice — and that means that we are always prepared to take your case to trial if a fair settlement agreement cannot be reached.
- We negotiate the best possible settlement. Insurance companies are known for denying victims the settlements they deserve at all costs. No matter how complex the case, we work tirelessly to ensure that all current and future medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages are considered in order to secure the financial compensation you deserve.
We are motor vehicle accident lawyers serving Weslaco, Tyler, Spring, Mission, McAllen, Laredo, Houston, Edinburg, Corpus Christi, Brownsville, Harlingen, and other locations throughout Texas. With the skilled, committed counsel of the Lopez Law Group, you can relax, heal, and rest easy knowing your interests are being fought for.
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a car accident, our Texas personal injury lawyers will hold the at-fault driver accountable for their actions and fight to ensure you and your family receive the compensation you deserve.
Contact us online or call (956) 420-0781 to schedule your free case consultation.